Somatic Movement Wellness (Monday)
Start Date: 8 Jan 2024 – 1 Apr 2024
Time: 7.30PM – 9.30PM
Course Day: Monday
Location: Jing Si Hall (9 Elias Road, Singapore 519937)
Number of Sessions: 12 sessions
Registration Closing Date: 4 Jan 2023
Class Size: 40
Somatic movement wellness helps learners to develop the awareness and control of their physical, mental and emotional domains. As you learn about the movements inside and outside your body, you will begin to better appreciate and attend to your body’s functions, and improve the circulation and flow within. As you move amongst people and in life, your awareness of your body in relationship to others and to the environment will heighten, and this promotes the ease of navigation and enhances harmony in relationships.
Join our new movement class to enhance your health and to rejuvenate your body, heart, and mind!
Mr Vincent Yong
Vincent Yong is an award-winning movement analyst, therapist, teaching artist, and performer. He is currently the only Certified Movement Analyst and an internationally registered Somatic Movement Educator and Therapist (International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association, ISMETA) in Singapore and South East Asia. Vincent has taught in local primary and secondary schools, colleges and polytechnics as well as LASALLE College of the Arts and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA). He has also co-designed and conducted somatic programmes at NAFA, and volunteers his time at the Singapore National Stroke Association (SNSA).
- All course fees are inclusive of GST.
- Please note that payments for courses are non-refundable except when the Centre cancels the class due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses held in the evening are only open to those aged 18 and above. Younger students who have not reached the minimum age will not be accepted unless accompanied by a parent.
- The course fees do not cover the teaching materials and insurance for off-campus lessons (if any).
- The Centre will send a course-related notice to students through WhatsApp or email before the commencement of classes. Please notify the Centre if you did not receive any message one week before the commencement date.
- Please arrive at the classroom at least 10 minutes before the session.
- Children, guest students or sit-in observers and recordings are NOT allowed in all classes for the purpose of maintaining lesson quality and as a show of respect for the teachers and other students.
- If the lesson falls on a public holiday, it will be postponed to the following week. The Centre reserves the right to make any adjustments to the class schedules.