Start Date: 28 Feb 2023 – 6 Jun 2023
Time: 8.00PM – 9.30PM
Course Day: Tuesday
Location: Jing Si Hall (9 Elias Road, Singapore 519937)
Number of Sessions: 15 sessions
Registration Closing Date: 27 Feb 2023
Class Size: 15
The mastery of Core dancing skills is fundamental to any dancer. The Chinese Dance class emphasizes the teaching of basic dancing skills and includes warm up and “ground” exercises, various Chinese dance movements, basic body posture, arm and leg positions, etc. The body’s flexibility, agility, coordination and balance are enhanced through basic skills training, and this enables students to put up a quality Chinese dance performance.
Mr Yu Shu Huai
Mr Yu is a member of the Chinese Dancers’ Association and a second-tier national performing artiste. He also holds a teaching qualification from the Royal Academy of Dance in the UK and is a member of the Singapore branch of a global alliance. In 1996, he was invited by the Singapore Ministry of Education to conduct dance classes in various primary and secondary schools, where he has groomed many outstanding dancers with his extensive experience and professional skills.
- All course fees are inclusive of GST.
- Please note that payments for courses are non-refundable except when the Centre cancels the class due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses held in the evening are only open to those aged 18 and above. Younger students who have not reached the minimum age will not be accepted unless accompanied by a parent.
- The course fees do not cover the teaching materials and insurance for off-campus lessons (if any).
- The Centre will send a course-related notice to students through WhatsApp or email before the commencement of classes. Please notify the Centre if you did not receive any message one week before the commencement date.
- Please arrive at the classroom at least 10 minutes before the session.
- Children, guest students or sit-in observers and recordings are NOT allowed in all classes for the purpose of maintaining lesson quality and as a show of respect for the teachers and other students.
- If the lesson falls on a public holiday, it will be postponed to the following week. The Centre reserves the right to make any adjustments to the class schedules.